Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 1 Learning Technologies Camp

As I drove down the coast towards Malibu I was feeling in a word, terrified , was I to old to go back to school? Had I been away from school (one in which I am not the one in charge) for to long? Was the first day going to be a hellish combination of ice breakers and crawling around on the ground displaying our inner spirit animal? Please no inner spirit animals! I was scared... and I am not afraid of, well, much.
My fear evaporated quickly as we all began meeting around the dorms. It seemed that as we all began to mingle we discovered that we were all in relatively the same space, similar fears and concerns, similar excitements and anticipations, and similar feelings of the beginning of a new adventure...this immediately alleviated my stress and lingering fear.
The energy of a group often shows its self early and clearly... this group was no different within minutes of sitting together, jokes, joy, and a real feeling of adventure bubbled to the surface... oddly and happily I felt at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment