Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Growing of Communitay

Community is as fluid a word as any in the English language... it can number from 2 to millions... it can range from a small town where everyone knows your name to a high rise apartment in Manhattan where neighbors barely recognize each others faces. As a traveler and a bit of a rebel, community has never played a major roll in my life.
Community is something I have tended to avoid, I often find myself looking from the outside in. I often slide sideway of the norm to side step it. But I find this community of learners and teachers to be a collection of amazing individuals. I find the former cadre members attitudes and excitement after all of the time that has passed inspiring. Not in an "awe shucks ain't that quaint" way, but in a way that makes me think that perhaps this feeling of strange belonging (something I haven't felt for over 6 years in Hawaii) to be real. So to answer the question of how has my impression of community changed in the last 24 hours? Simple, I am actually excited to be a part of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment