Friday, August 21, 2009

MY NEW MANTRA

"By doing your research you can claim to have generated your theory of practice, that is, you can say with confidence that you know what you are doing and why you are doing it. You are showing that you are acting in a systematic way, not ad hoc, and that you are developing a praxis, which is morally committed practice." (McNiff & Whitehead 2006 pg. 20)

This blog is for me...

I finally get it. I see it now. I had gone back to look at All You Need to Know About A.R. and I stumble upon this section. I must have read this paragraph, as well as the preceding one and following one, a hundred times. I started reading them out loud like theater and I felt a release, my 'research is hard science only' bias lifted like a weight from my shoulders. I see it now. I also see a lot more in my minds eye about my field of action, my idea is going to have a hard time finding the 'I' in the process. That probably didn't make a lick of sense to anyone but me... but thats why I started with "This blog is for me..." Why are you still reading this? Hey man back off I said it was just for me! Never mind go ahead and keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment